In the world that we live in today, times have become competitive. Since a very early time our mindsets have been pre programmed to live a certain way of life. When our lives waiver from this ideal path of our society we get depressed, we feel the weight the world brings down on us. As we grow, evolve and awaken to this reality, we learn that it is in our best interests to uninstall some of this programming and take back control of our minds.
As life progresses and we move into this new phase of my life it is time to slay the dragons that stand between you and your fears. It’s hard because of all the emotions going through you, all the turmoil you have been through that disempower us. They drive us into compulsive egoism, rather than meaningful connections and emotional freedom. While going through this journey here are some of the key aspects I abide by to flip the switch:
- Be selective about the media you consume: In tough times you come across several people with distinct opinions. Some which you resonanate with some you dont. Each media has a right to opinion but selective consumption is the key to success. Keep yourself positive and motivated. Life can only be upwards from here and thats what you have to live for.
- Stop wishing for it and start working for it: It is an easy way to abode by the traditionals of life but very difficult to be an outlier. Do what you have to do today so you can be what you want tomorrow? If not, now is the time to start working for it.
- Flip your perspective from negative to positive: We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. You’ve heard this before. Don’t let negativity influence you. When others are being negative, ignore them. their negativity can do no good to anyone. Dont react. Sometime being quiet is more powerful than saying anything. It takes great restrain to be quiet.
- Loosen your grip on the past: Sometimes we have to let go of what’s killing us, even if it’s killing us to let go. Letting go means to come to the realization that some circumstances and relationships are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny. Cry. Live you stages of grief, Acknowledge Accept and Move on. I know its easier said than done. But can you imagine a life of past? In that intermediate stage just cause you have fear the unknown.
- Give yourself a break: Yes, you have battles out in the world to fight, insecurities to overcome, loved ones to contend with and goals to achieve, but a break from it all is necessary. It’s perfectly healthy to pause and let the world spin without you for a while.
- Take A Relationship Inventory: Think about the people in your life and their role in it. How do they make you feel? How do they support you? Do you feel you can trust them? Count on them? If you have people in your life who bring you down (or worse, push you down) it’s time to do a bit of summer cleaning.
- Stop Making (and Accepting) Excuses: We all have had reasons to say hurtful things, be hurt in turn by people, make poor choices, engage in unhealthy choices people habits or relationships. Its time to accept it. Stand firm. This is normal. This is a new day. A new beginning. And things will change for the better.
Thanks for reading. Please leave your love and feedback in the comments and follow my blog.